Monday 12 September 2011

The Weekend

Saturday:
Did not get out of bed except to wash and eat.

Sunday:
Started off in Sandton City to get some picnic goodies at about 11ish and must I add ... there was parking space for the wooorld. I’m thinking oh OK, the rest of Johannesburg hasn’t woken up or they’re all at a convention I wasn’t invited to. Got so excited I parked right by the door*grinning like a Cheshire cat*then I practically skipped into the mall and was a bit taken aback at how empty it was but thought what the heck, more space for me and less mom’s and trolleys but when I cut across to Sandton City I started getting really bothered – it was really empty for a Sunday. I started thinking all sorts of things, is that tower they’re building on fire again? Did I not hear the fire drill? Is it my birthday again and everybody is supposed to spring out and shout “SURPRISE” at me? What is going on…UNTIL I  remembered the women at Stuttafords merrily shopping away, taking their time, no kids or husbands in sight and saw the cashiers at Woolies wearing rugby T-shirts then it dawned on me, that the Rugby was on and South Africa was playing Wales*Bridget Jones kinda, Oh!* But I felt absolutely no guilt, I’m all Rugby’d out, I watched too much of it in high-school, dated a  Rugby player at some point  (high school and varsity Rugby player, certainly not a Graeme Smit my ex) and watched too much of it at varsity. No more. Poor B*, she’ll have to make do without me.
I also found myself a new gelato flavor, Amarena. Mmmm…creamy black cherry yumminess, it was beyond delish. At this stage I’m even contemplating naming one of my children Amarena, seriousi :-)
I think my summer challenge is to try whatever flavours I haven’t tried yet. Anybody want to join me?
Didn't take my own picture but found something similar on the web. 

newrootsnews.squarespace.com
The Picnic: four ladies and a toddler
Picnic with the girls A*, B*, Miss N* and A*’s little cutie. We certainly were not letting the good weather go to waste, it’s the beginning of Spring but I swear the weather gods have got the dial on Summer, I’m certainly not going to be the one telling them to turn it down at all! Twas a Lovely 26 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, good food, new park and some lovely white wine…what more could a girl ask for?

We had the usual girly chats and got up to speed with each other.
B* had me in stitches with some of her comments: I even fell of my picnic chair and sent my wine and Miss N’s juice flying – real crazy stuff. My favourite is when she said, “I’m trying to be and being the best person that God wants me to be on earth and then there I am further complicating things by giving out hospital passes (pity dates and pity boyfriends) and carrying cripples on my back (referring to her ex and other emotionally crippled and incomplete men), no no no, life is hard enough as it is! (Lol!).
We spoke about guys who jump the gun, I mean you aren’t even dating them but they’re already trying to lick your toes. I don’t know about you guys but there are some things that don’t get me going at all, toe licking is at the top of that list. B* doesn’t mind as long as it’s when she’d just had a pedicure. Me, you touch my toes, you die. OK, maybe not so drastic, but I put you on ice, cut you off, kapish… get it!? Go get yourself another fetish.

http://vi.sualize.us/view/9b584195dc33732b1ba9a8d22e1e3f1e/
Randomness
I’ve got a crush. Dammit, Dammit. How? Why? Flip!
That damn Ken Forrester – made me release all my secrets.
I never admit anything! So now that I’ve been caught out I might as well tell everyone else…I think I might have a crush on Mr. Pranger…is it even allowed? Damn, damn, damn. How did it even happen?
OK, OK, OK, I know. What makes him so appealing?
He’s honest
Takes charge
Is a gentleman
The girls are like, flirt with him (I don’t even know how to flirt anymore) and I’m like “no, he pranged my car for chrissake” plus I’d much rather keep him as a crush, getting to know more about him might just fuck up the crush. I haven’t had a crush in years…It’s just nice to have one.
I’ll give it another week and by then I shoulda found me a new crush.
I love Spring! It’s all about cross-pollination baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment