Thursday 15 September 2011

My Top 10 Romantic Movies

  1. Troy
  2. Hitch
  3. Nottinghill
  4. Armageddon – Liv Tyler and Ben Affleck have me doodling little hearts, thinking of animal cracker picnics without the bugs and singing to Aerosmith’s ‘don’t wanna miss a thing’.
  5. Love Actually
  6. Jerry Maguire – “You had me at hello” held so much weighting until Tom Cruise jumped on Oprah’s couch.
  7. The Notebook
  8. Legends of the Fall Honorable, but Tristan did get quite violent.
  9. When a Man Loves a Woman – Andy Garcia…
  10. Bridget Jones Diary Edge of Reason
Mark Darcy: As a matter of fact, I have a question to ask you.
Bridget Jones: Okay. As long as it's not, "Will you marry me?"
[chuckles. Mark looks devastated]
Bridget Jones: Oh, God... It *is* "Will you marry me?"
Mark Darcy: Well, I'm not going to say it now.
Bridget Jones: No, no, no! Just wait!  (I love this part, cracks me up every time!)
[runs back to the door]
Mark Darcy: The moment's gone, Bridget.
Bridget Jones: We've just come out into the corridor and you say, "I've got a question to ask you" and then I don't say *anything*!
[pause]
Bridget Jones: and you say...
Mark Darcy: [pause] Bridget Jones, will you marry me?
  1. Pretty Woman – Did anybody say Tinseltown Cinderella? It’s unconventional but she gets her prince at the end.
  2. Captain Corelli’s MandoliniIannis: When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No... don't blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. Doesn't sound very exciting, does it? But it is!
  3. Atonement
  4. Titanic
  5. Braveheart (a bit touch and go because of all that violence!)
Another one of my favourites: 
Bridget Jones: [Bridget is on the phone talking to Mark's answering machine while he waits outside her flat] You're outside! Look err, I'll ring you later. Unless you've come to chuck me once and for all, in which case... Bye and thank you and sorry.
[Mark buzzes up again from outside]

Bridget Jones: Oh God please don't chuck me, don't chuck me. If you have chucked me, please change your mind, I'll behave much better in future.
[pause]

Bridget Jones: On the other hand if you haven't chucked me please behave better next time we go out. Stuck up snob. 
(Gotta love that Bridget!)

The correct wording is definitely courtesy of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100405/quotes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment