Sunday 17 July 2011

Magoebaskloof & Tzaneen

Another one of my favorite places in SA is Magoebaskloof; it’s in the Northern Province.
I first went there with my mother and the second time was for P’s sister’s wedding and every time I go there I just want to go back for more and more. It’s a place of effortless beauty, mist and intrigue.

Stay?
The Coach House.
Kings Walden Garden Manor.
Both the Coach House and Kings Walden Manor are actually in Tzaneen, I just can’t remember the name of the country manor or lodge we stayed in Magoebaskloof the last time, it was also the wedding venue. Weddings can be a bit hectic, especially after the vows have been said ;-)

See and visit:
Modjadjiskloof My mom loves Cycads, need I say more?
The story of the Rain Queen fascinates me.
The Boabab Pub – I was just fascinated by the fact that this big tree also doubles up as a bar. I can’t remember going in, too freaky and claustrophobic for me…but for experience enthusiasts this might be it. Whatev, I still won’t go in. Now that I think about it, it reminds of that big tree (in one of the Harry Potter movies) that bashes Ron’s dad’s flying car – too damn freaky.
Kings Walden Garden Manor: one of the most beautiful gardens ever – my mom and I talk non-stop when we’re together, but I swear when we stumbled upon this garden (we got lost on our way to the Coach House) we were gob smacked into silence. It was as if we’d stepped into a mythical land of fairies, gnomes and fairy dust. The grass was green and carpet like, the trees were tall with great spanning branches and the view at the edge of the garden, breathtaking. It was so beautiful, sometimes I feel as though I’m making this all up in my head. I hope these gardens are still as well-kept as when we last saw them. Wooow.

Why I’m going back:
I have to see the Cheerio Gardens – the word about town is that in September it all becomes a pink wonderland. I heart cherry trees; all those fluffy pink flowers make me feel so girly and gooey inside + Kings Walden Gardens, AGAIN.

What will I be wearing?
Enchanted Garden - polyvore set coming up next.
Cheerio Love - polyvore set coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment