Thursday 21 July 2011

Say Aah

I’m a hot mess today!
So yesterday, I thought “a celebration” nah! I’ll just wing it through the day, get off work early and do the things I like, like get me some ice cream, go to the movies etc. But sometimes nothing ever goes as planned.

PART 1
Go girl,
It’s your birthday
Open wide,
I know you’re thirsty
Say Aah (Aah, Aah, Aah, Aah)
Say Aah (Aah, Aah, Aah, Aah)  





So I leave the office,  and the plan is to go to Sandton City for some gelato from Baglios. I HATE that place but love their gelato. Re-route: I meet up with S (remember "friday corruptor" from this post http://abitofflake.blogspot.com/2011/06/morning-after.html). I got my gelato alright and a whole lot more after that. So we end up going to the Butcher Shop for ONE glass of wine and then I had to be off to V’s house for dinner: so one glass turns into two, two glasses turn into birthday shots of Patron and bumping into a long forgotten and now (in the words of Evelyn Lozada) "non muthafucking factor" ex. Watev, but the highlight is that I fell: during the people. In my defense, the floor can be quite slippery, it’s a wooden floor and I swear I slip all the time on that floor but yesterday I took it a step further and fell. I can’t remember much I only realized when I was holding the floor and wondering what I was doing on the floor *dazed look*, what the actual f**! Even the waiters had a giggle. Classic YouTube moment. All of this is in front of the EX, whatever happened to looking hot and collected *just shoot me know*.

S is telling me my business by now, sulking away and threatening to de-friend me if I leave. But I held my ground and told her in my sternest voice that I promised A that I'd join her at V's house for dinner + it’s my birthday and I’m allowed to do as I please, “It’s my birthday S” ( he he). By now I’m calling A every 15 minutes and telling her that I’m on the way and I’m in the car and I don’t know why she can’t hear the car moving – I must have shouted something about German engineering at this point and told her to look outside:-) So I eventually make it 45 minutes later, get lost…but make it to din-dins with the girls.

Also saw Z, who I hadn’t seen in like forever. That was nice.


PART 2
Din-dins with the girls!
Those poor poor girls, that fright of a person who walked in…tsk tsk tsk.
My attention span was nil at this point. I was dancing to everything, music, laughs, anything.
I was falling off ottomans, just a general hot mess.
Some of the things I said cannot be repeated over the airwaves. 

Heartwarming stuff
There was even birthday cake :-) I saw candles...but don’t recall who blew them out…
Thanks girls – you really made my day special.
Ur the bestest!

Lurvs it.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment