Monday 25 July 2011

Il Weekend

What did I do this weekend besides catch up on the 30 day challenge, sleep for hours on end (Saturday afternoon), eat and watch TV?

Saturday
I went to N’s (let’s call her Nigella – she can throw down in the the kitchen) surprise birthday party and farewell. Nigella is off to Geneva for two years! She made this vanilla mousse the one time, I can’t even describe it, my brain gets moussed-up just thinking about it, it was pure perfection.
I need to practice my breaststroke; it’s going to come in handy when I have to swim over to visit all the movers (that savings account of mine officially needs Jesus).
That red velvet cake with the macaroons was rockers!

I was also supposed to be at F’s birthday party in Cape Town, but with that damn savings account looking so bleak there was no way in hell I was getting myself to the party unless…I’d started the walk there last year already. Sorry F! I’ll make it up to you promise :-)

Sunday:
Slept at 01h00 and was up and about by 07h00: getting my sister back to varsity, moving this, getting that. By 18h00 I was ready to sleep and wake up the next day.
What a day!

The Highlight:
My friend A organized a celebratory lunch with the girls: more cake, laughter, love and blessings.
I’m a lucky girl :-)

P.S
Right now I’m munching away on a double delicious serving of my leftover chocolate ganache birthday cake, nom nom nom.

xoxo

My hips don’t lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment