Sunday 10 June 2012

Cabin Fever



Last Friday was quite miserable save for the funny bits…

The Buildup:

Booked my car in for a service and only got informed at 4pm that they had detected a major oil leak and would advise against taking the car for the weekend. Which meant that I would be without a car for two days? Yepa! But the ‘calm’ me thought, “ok, don’t panic it’s only two days and you’ll cope”. I tried wrangling for a courtesy car but the “service manager” chikita, who’d called me at 4PM told me that all the loan cars were out and “I’m sorry I wish there was something I could do, but there isn’t at this stage…I’d rather we keep the car as the leak could end up affecting the whole engine” Blah, blah, blah yawn, yawn *hiss*! Please note: this is still not the sad bit.

The Misery:

The sad bit is I only left work at 6pm and on the way home with The G* I noticed that I didn’t have my house keys. I rummaged around in my bag with every movable bit crossed for a miracle; but it was not to be, my house keys were in the car and the dealership was closed. Yikes! You’re thinking but you have a spare set of keys right? WRONG. “Little miss splendid over” here doesn’t have a spare set of keys, nada.
Let’s just say we tried everything, The G* even tried opening with her skinny set of keys.
So, the only alternative was for me to call the locksmith.
The G* goggled the locksmith and I called. He quoted a R600 call out fee…hell nah, hell nah! Not when I had my eye on those Country Road boots, hell nah!!

The Funny:

I bust into my own house.
Think about me being hoisted up; my big butt in the air and squeezing in through the kitchen window… yup that’s me. I landed on the sink, went over to the bathroom window to receive my laptop, lunch bag and last minute groceries (including a well deserved bottle of red wine). I stayed in the WHOLE weekend, talk about cabin fever. The thought of repeatedly busting in and out did not appeal to me at all. Pri*offered to go through to the dealership to fetch my keys but they weren’t answering their phone *rolls her eyes*.

I had to bust out again on Monday. Pri* came to pick me up and all she saw was my head sticking out of the bathroom window, ready to hand over my stuff and bust out… Classy hey? :-)

I’m done with June. DONE.
*Evelyn Lozada’s crazy series of claps* Next month please.

No comments:

Post a Comment