Monday 10 October 2011

The Weekend

FRIDAY

At 4pm, I stopped working, I packed away my pens, pencils and minimized everything on screen *now you see me, now you don’t* and made my way to the bar. I didn’t feel like a drink so I just sat outside and took in the lovely view and welcomed the weekend.


Left work at about 6 pm and went past B*s to go pick her up, she’d started drinking at work already *she’d just landed a new account, yes “she”, not “we” like she says. Basically, Client likes her and they think she’s doing a sterling job and as a result have decided to expand their relationship with the company. Clink, clink B*! Celebrate good times come on doo-doo-do-do-do-do come on!

We arrived at A*’s house and made thorough fools of ourselves at the gate. We, actually I, pressed the wrong button on the intercom and yelled “Woohoo, open up, open up it’s time to have fun b***tches” we heard a clink and thought yeah, let’s get this party started, A*’s picked up  and will open in a bit… we waited, and we waited…to cut a long story short, we were about to call A* when the gate finally opened *A says she just figured we should be at the gate and went to check and indeed saw us waiting* Huh? That’s when it dawned on us that we’d in fact pressed the nanny’s intercom *sigh*. We had a great impromptu evening: good food, wine, dessert aaand chocolate, what more could a girl ask for?

Had too much fun with little A*’s fun Ipad game – Talking Tom Cat, hilarious stuff. I couldn’t stop laughing *childlike chuckle*. Poor little A*was so over-stimulated we were worried he wouldn’t sleep until after 10pm.
I still can’t' believe A*’s a mom:-)

SATURDAY
www.tashas.co.za
I struggled to wake up. Couldn’t, didn’t want to, couldn’t: my body was just not cooperating. I eventually got up at 10h30, had a lemon meringue tartlet for breakfast, picked things off the floor, washed the dishes and headed to the bathroom. Finally got out the house at 12h00, went past B*’s to drop off her phone *she left it in my car the night before* and zoomed off to Melrose to meet my sister and two of her friends for lunch. Had a long lazy lunch at Tasha’s, I had the Harry's Roadhouse Steak with strawberry milkshake (chomp, chomp, chomp). It was such a beautiful day out. I heart summer. Tried to walk the “full feeling” off but got a serious case of niggaritis instead, my sister’s friends started threatening me with, “if you yawn one more time…” Yawn. I was ridiculously tired.


Evening
Watched “Friends with Benefits”, the plan was to watch “The Help” but I was so tired from the afternoon’s Melrose escapade that I didn’t want to watch anything hectic. I missed a few lines here, nodded of here and there, and stared into space there and there; I’m surprised I didn’t completely nod off. I’m going to have to watch this movie again. This movie had me thinking though; could I do the whole friends with benefits thing? Can you divorce the sex from the emotions?  Do you even want to? I don’t think I can do the whole friends with benefits thing; I’d like to think I could but deep down I know I wouldn’t be able to pull it off. I mean, if the guys my friend, it means I already care about him, which means that there are existing emotions even though there may not be romantic, but emotions nonetheless…maybe lying dormant even, which is why I think they shouldn’t be tinkered with. Emotionless sex? I don’t know hey, it sounds so clinical.

SUNDAY

Bleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment