Monday 26 September 2011

The Weekend

Saturday:

PART 1

Spent 2 hours at the salon cutting my hair. I’ve had it with weaves + it’s summer and my weave was starting to look real dodge. I was a bit worried as it was my first time trying out the salon AND the stylist, yeah I’m brave like that :-) However, I wasn’t so brave when he went all Edward Scissor hands on my hair BEFORE he even relaxed my hair (as soon as he got the cornrows off he combed my hair out and went crazy, literally  mowing down my hair). It was scissor-rape I tell you. I thought you had to relax the hair first then cut the hair when it’s wet? Noooo, not this dude. My inspiration was Nia long’s crop but this dude decided HE wanted to go Eva Marcilles. Turned out okay though. My sister and BLZ*, B* and Miss N* think it looks cute so I guess he didn’t do such a bad job.

PART 2


The Good Food and Wine Show 2011
Highlights: catching up and girlie giggles with BLZ*Got there at 15h00 and left at 20h00. She’s also off to London for 9 months on secondment, so it was nice spending time with her before she jets off again.
The Lowlights: It was too packed. I didn’t get to see Gordon Ramsay in action, the Samsung theatre activities were sold out by the time I got there, watev. Watching him on screen is just not the same.

Favourites:
Cheryl Amy Jones Cakes and Pastry
 The deluxe Lemon Almond Cake (mouthwatering stuff).
 It had that come hither look, making it that much harder to pass up a slice.
 Tea anyone?

The extraordinarily moist Red Velvet Cake: velvety, red, moist and delicious.
You’ll also find Cheryl’s stall at the Blu Bird whole food market on Sunday’s.


Goodhabit – pure fruit smoothie
A blend of crushed whole fruit and fruit juice
No added preservatives
No dairy
No added sugar
2 of your 5-a-day


Arte Gelato
I had the Amarena (my flavour of the month, strawberry is so last year) and the Tornado (fudge and cream base gelato, it definitely sucks you in!).
They supply the new Spar on Hobart Road in Bryanston and the Radisson Hotel (I’m not sure which one the Sandton Isle or the Gautrain Station? I’ll have to find out).
Beyond yummy.



Drakensburg Chocolate:
Don’t you love their packaging? The milk chocolate made me want to start singing John Legend’s “She don’t have to know”. I felt like I was cheating on Lindt.
Oohhhhhhh stealing moments just to be with you
Though its wrong it’s hard to tell the truth
But she don't have to know
She don't have to know


The Olives
These rocked my taste buds; I guess there is something to the Himalayan salt?

BRM Ribs
These ribs brought out the animal in me: I was ripping the meat off the bone, part chewing, part wolfing it down with a ridiculous grin on my face…these were really goooood.
I had sauce everywhere. We got stopped by people wanting to know where to “get those ribs”: one man was so desperate, he circled around our little spot like a vulture for a while and finally found the courage to ask BLZ* and I to walk him to the stand, SMH?! We did.

 How cute is this candy stripe, Paul Smith looking SMEG?



Without fail there’s always the WTH!
Nails and food, food and nails?


SUNDAY
Chilled with my sister in the morning – exam pads, hilarious student stories, and Rosebank – and then joined A* and the girls, at little A’s favourite spot: Da Vinci Alfresco at Inanda. Miss N brought along her cutie nephew and B* and I just brought our bags ;-)

safarinow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment