Tuesday 6 September 2011

This Morning *Sigh*

First, Miss T figures I turned my universe on its axis by waking up at 5:30 am to jog. Yes, I woke up early got dressed in sweats and tights, opened the door then closed it again…then I swear my wobbly bits started sniggering and I thought that’s it –see who’s going to be laughing in a month’s time. Needless to say I only managed 15 minutes and by then it felt like the whole of Benoni had packed up, set up house and was having a lekker braai in my chest. I’ll try for 30 minutes tomorrow. It was also the first time I was exploring my area on foot and I got a bit thrown off when I saw a nature reserve sign – had I ventured too far into the bush? That was a definite mind fuck and I ran back home sharpish ;-)
Anywhoo, back to the real reason for this post. Someone pranged my car today. Firstly, I changed my usual route *still kicking myself about this* Why? I got tired of those damn speed bumps. I changed my short cuts, I changed everything. So there we all were merrily driving along, can’t remember what make of car the car in front of me was but I could see that there was a SUV behind me that I’d seen a couple of streets back. There was a stop sign ahead and being the model driver that I am*wink* I started to slow down as the car in front of me slowed down. I finally nearly got to a dead stop and then I just felt myself being thrown forward and heard a big bang * this all probably happened at the same time, but I could only register one thing at a time* my car lurched forward and all I could  think was WTF?
I was quite shaken but calm *okay, maybe calmish*, got out the car checked out the damage and Mr. Pranger got out his car quite slowly…he looked a bit unsure, I wonder what my face looked like*lol*. Opened the boot and took out a notebook and proceeded to write down his number plates, my hands were shaking too badly and I was too confused to think straight so he ended up writing all our details down, shame. He apologized and admitted it was his fault he said he wasn’t looking… What’s done is done. I remember lowering the volume – Chris Brown’s “With You” is hardly appropriate for an accident scene!? Got back into the car and drove off. Hate the admin though, reporting the accident etc, just came back from the police station couldn’t report it earlier *Sigh*.
Called my mom and after figuring out that I was fine, ,she wanted to know if Mr. Pranger looked reliable, what he drove etc: her biggest fear was that I’d been hit by a  taxi (sprogad, Zola Budd, death trap on wheels whateva you want call them) or  those legendary vans/+-20 year old cars that some of the gardeners in Bryanston drive. She wanted to know if he had insurance, if he looked like a Tenderpreneur which means he might drive the big car but not really have the money. RAOFL!

Gratitude List:
1.       Nobody was hurt
2.       The damage is not too bad
3.       The guy was honest enough not to try and spin everything to make it look like it was  my fault
4.       I didn’t smash into the car in front of me – now that would have been D-R-A-M-A!

No comments:

Post a Comment