Monday 15 August 2011

The Weekend

Saturday
PART 1
Kept my promise and went to see SLV* in Pretoria. Found her and her cousin looking very worse for the wear at a restaurant, where they’d been hogging the corner seats for quite a while. SLV looked like she’d been hit by the Gautrain , her cousin had on her sunglasses the whole time and was generally not coping too well and was trying to get the Vodka out of her system by having more alcohol, only SLV*’s boyfriend looked normal – shamz, he must just be strong. I was just drowsy; the only thing I really wanted was a banana and chocolate milkshake, plus frozen yoghurt. The revelers left to go and nap and I stayed and browsed around some of the shops. Left after two hours and went back to join the peeps at SLV*s where I found everyone passed out (this bunch really abused themselves the night before). I woke them up sharp-sharp; I didn’t hit the road to Pretoria to watch people sleeping! Had so much fun though, girlie giggles, men stories and I finally left at 7pm.The funniest thing was SLV*’s cousin showing us a ship’s anchor which she had bought and was going to give to her “friendly boy”, he’s being problematic and she’s having none of it. That ship is not going anywhere without her! Lol! I wonder what transpired after I left; Mr. Cool was on his way over when I left.

Random thought I kept having: I need to find myself a kissing buddy.

The Highlight:
English Toffee flavour frozen yoghurt, although I was coveting my neighbour’s more, SLV* had a mix of English Toffee and Cheesecake. I always get my frozen yoghurt mix wrong. I should have tried the English Toffee and the Amarula, next time. Next time, I’m also taking the Gautrain to Pretoria; I saw it zoom past me on the highway, Lurvs it!

PART 2:
My next stop was SKS*’s birthday celebration at Buddha Ta. It felt like one big reunion – crazy fun with Y*. We spoke about: religion, she told me the story about Lucifer, our love for history and respect for Archeologists (digging up all those treasures for the rest of us to marvel at whilst living in tents) *admirable, but not for us*, my love for Faberge eggs and interest in Russian history, how she’s immersed herself in the royal family’s history since her last trip to London a few weeks back. We spoke about how we need to plan a trip to Egypt, energy and the pyramids, Cleopatra’s bathroom, the tombs, and the richness of Nile River valley. I just want to go already.
The Highlight:
The company and the food.
Those tapas were délicieux . We had the Bangkok Board {Yaki beef strips, chicken brochette, vegetarian spring roll, toasted finger and pita breads, potato skins, jalapeno and sundried tomato slammers, baked pork empanadas, sweet chilli sauce, chimichurri dip and cream cheese dip}. Y* couldn’t have enough of the chicken brochette, even ordered more. I also resurrected my love for white wine; red wine has karate chopped me up too many times this last month.

The Lowlight:
Was when I got accosted by some weirdo, who wasn’t even part of our group? Why? Why did he think he could come over to me? Why? So crazo over here was drrrunk. Kept asking me what my name is and how he’ll never compete with a guy taller than him, even though he (crazo) has more money???WTF – I swear trying to figure out hieroglyphics would be easier to figure out than the s**t spewing out of this losers mouth. I can be really harsh, but I don’t know maybe I’m becoming more tolerant and patient?? So all I did was look the other way and send a telepathic message to Y*(who’d gone to the ladies) to hurry up! THEN he started lean falling onto me. Again, why is this happening to me? I got up said my goodbyes and left. I should have just smacked him between the eyes.

Random thought I kept having: I’m on the wrong continent.

Sunday
Went to church, came back and took a nap, did a bit of work, watched a bit of TV, tried to read a book, failed. Went through my monthly stack of mags instead and watched Black Swan: daaaark, very dark. Watched the first 11 minutes, stopped, watched until just over an hour and then took a Milo break, too much craziness and psycho stuff happening *confused look*, regained my senses and watched it till the end. The last stretch left me shaken and stirred. It’s a good thing I didn’t go to the movies for this one; too damn dark and creepy. Not a Sunday night movie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment